Friday, November 28, 2008

Strength of feeling







I confess to reading the Metro paper on a worryingly regular basis. There's no real journalism going on there - it's a 'straight from the wires' approach at best - but just occasionally it imparts something of use.

And that thing of use, today, was a reminder that it's the time of year when The World's Strongest Man competition returns to our televisions. 

Brilliant, thought I, another opportunity (along with Eastenders, to which I'm peculiarly addicted) to stare blankly at the screen and turn my brain to standby. But, this being a more digital world than it was last year, I wondered what the website would look like. Lots of opportunity here, thought I again, to do something quite fun and creative.

I didn't get past the search results. 

Quite simply because I was intrigued that the 'world's strongest man' was eclipsed in terms of number of search results (as you'll see above) by 'world's strongest dog'. Even 'world's strongest redneck' wasn't far behind. 

Can anyone tell me why there are so many results for 'world's strongest dog'?

No comments: