Monday, November 10, 2008

On puns...















As a planner, I'm well aware that 50% of my time is spent genuinely planning for the future. Coming up with a strategy that will, in some form, and with various colours and strings of words, then be implemented and hit the desired spot. 

Then there's the other 50% of the time that is spent coming up with a retrospective set of reasons that justifies an idea that's come out of the blue, but kind of feels right.

But occasionally, as the avian marketing example above shows, it's unlikely that my humble strategic endeavours - in either chronological direction - could ever help a piece of marketing 'snap to' a strategy.

But I love it nonetheless. A duck bearing a pun in a clothes shop in Chiswick, pointing you in its own inimitably beaky way towards a website.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

50% planning + 50% strategising doesn't leave any time for long lunches. I think your maths is wrong.