Thursday, April 9, 2009

21st Century Newswire



That's what Twitter is, I declare.


A Damascene moment a few days ago pointed me to Tweetdeck and the ability to pull together all the themes I'm interested in.


That plus the observation (thanks Robbie, Aimee, Craig) that this, by dint of the sheer volume of tweets, is primarily a listening medium. A listening medium with filters.


You can even conduct free polls on it: http://twtpoll.com/


We should contribute to make it a richer place, but that means removing all references to what we had for breakfast.


Now I can mix branded jounalism with citizen journalism and they can spar it out as to who gets the best stories first.


All I care about is being informed and entertained - and whoever does it best gets my vote.


If the technology of today gives an equal voice to all, then Twitter is the best platform we have to mix them up and cream off the best.

No comments: