Thursday, December 11, 2008

Look up



















Looking out of the train by Vauxhall station this morning I could just about make out the BT Tower, which looms large next to the building in which I work (for today and tomorrow, anyway). It reminded me of this picture I took a week or so ago while wandering about Fitzrovia with my esteemed (now former) colleague Brian. 

Amazing what you can see when you look up. 

I blogged a while back about the fact you rarely appreciate the full height of buildings when walking about town - or what's going on above eye level. Naturally, we tend to focus on where we're going rather than bump into things.

But I wonder ... more and more people are checking their mobile phones as they walk around, and more and more people are getting smartphones. One of the coolest features on the iPhone seems to be the geo-location application that can tell you where you are and where you want to go.

Maybe someone could invent a similar application that advised you when it would be ocularly rewarding to look up. 

No comments: