Monday, December 15, 2008

Bringing it all together



















Creative Director Craig came round for tea yesterday, and in between comparing hangovers and deciding which meats we'd roast in Wales during our Christmas holiday, we discussed how we've got to the stage where our disparate bits of digital activity need to be brought together.

I've now managed to update my Facebook status via Twitter via text via my mobile phone. My next step is to bring excerpts from this blog onto my Facebook wall so as to surprise and delight anyone who stumbles upon me with the sheer brilliance of the machinations of my mind. 

This afternoon I plan to see if I can synch Flickr and Facebook, possibly add in my del.icio.us tags and see what else I can achieve.

I've already put Facebook on Netvibes, and I'm trying to work out whether there's any merit or indeed possibility of linking Netvibes with iGoogle - or whether you have to choose one or another. 

Why?

Well, following on from my last post, it's become clear to me that I have far too many forms of communication - and they need to be tidied up. And the splendid thing about this open source nonsense is that most net brands can now speak to each other. 

My devices are converging, my communications brands are converging, and it's a face off between Facebook and a couple of other amalgamation tools to decide which one will win. 
Or maybe I'll just get it down to two. Even that would be acceptable.

Or maybe I should bin it all and pick up a quill pen and some parchment from Woolies or a Post Office branch before they shut down completely.

1 comment:

Supercilious Camel said...

Damn! There goes my blog topic for today! But yes, you have a web-presence, not a website.